FALL 2017 Support Schedule
Sundays, 1:00 - 9:00 pm
Tuesdays, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesdays. 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursdays, 12 pm - 8 pm
Fridays, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
All hours are in Eastern Daylight Time
Support is available via phone, Zoom (web conferencing) and email.
Phone calls and Zoom sessions are offered in 30-minute and one-hour increments on a first-come, first-served basis.
Expect a response within twenty-four hours.
- Students have five opportunities to work with the Student Writing Support Specialist per assignment. For example, you might send your assignment and draft via email, and then schedule a phone call and a Zoom session, which totals three communications. Choose your communications wisely and plan ahead by having your questions ready!
- Expect that you may need to support at different stages of completing your assignment.
- Do not request support right before an assignment is due and expect there to be enough time to make major improvements. Reach out and schedule appointments well in advance.
- Your time with the student writing support specialist is not designed for remedial instruction. The support specialist will go through one page of your assignment with you, helping you revise and address issues. You will need to work through the remainder yourself, using tips and resources that will be provided.
- Failure to join a phone call or Zoom session within 10 minutes of a scheduled appointment may result in the Student Writing Support Specialist no longer being available at the designated time.
- Two "no shows" for phone calls or Zoom sessions in an academic term will result in your not being allowed to schedule an appointment.
When contacting a student writing support specialist, you are agreeing to the following:
- Ownership of all written work belongs to you.
- Receiving assistance from a Student Writing Support Specialist does not guarantee that your work will be 100% free of error or that you will receive high grades for your work.
- You are expected to attend to your coursework and cannot use the services of the Student Writing Support Specialist as a substitute for completing your own work.